One of the busiest weeks of the working year for me is now completed – which felt like something of a relief, until I remembered that this week is one of the other busiest. You win some, you lose some. So, how did I get on with my weekly wishes? Despite being so busy, I think I did okay.
Weekly wishes last week
- Work on a headpiece/fascinator. NOPE.
- Mindfulness meditation. NOPE, which is silly as this was a week when it would really have been a good idea.
- Buy Husband’s birthday present. YES! I cut it fine – buying the presents on Friday afternoon, two hours before he came home from work – but still, success!
- Complete week 2 and start week 3 of the Bikini Body Guide. Half YES, half NOPE. I finished week 2 but did not manage to start week 3.
- Finish sorting out South Africa photos. YES! Take a look at Instagram, where I’ve posted the highlights of our trip. You can follow me on there @englishmamma.
As I said, this was a horribly busy work week and I ended it on Friday with a well-deserved glass (or two) of wine when Husband and I went out to celebrate his birthday.
The week itself was something of a blur, with the notable exceptions of Thursday and Friday, when E was home from preschool with a dodgy tummy. So we did what we could to entertain ourselves and he and I painted our nails.
Saturday was a pyjama day for most of the daylight hours, which the boys spent building fortresses (for the first time – so my heart just exploded – one of “those” moments).
Once we’d finally bundled them into clothes, we headed out to the park for a bit of sledging. And I’m glad we went when we did, otherwise we would not have bumped into the Bananas in Pyjamas.
O has been asking for the past few days if we could take a trip up Kaknästornet, the telecoms tower in Stockholm, so we headed there on Sunday afternoon, had coffee and cakes and enjoyed the view of the cross-country skiing track on Gärdet and sunset over Södermalm (the white hill across the water is Hammarby ski slopes and the white ball is Globen arena).
All in all, a lovely way to round off a less lovely week.
Weekly wishes this week
- Week 3 of the Bikini Body Guide.
- Work on a headpiece/fascinator.
- Mindfulness meditation.
- Plan some future posts
- Fix my G+ page
Yes, I know I am repeating those two yet again, but I really want to get into the habit of doing both of them regularly. I want this to be the week that I start.
What goals do you have for the week? Anything on your to do list that you really want to get fixed?
Linking up with Melyssa at The Nectar Collective.