Last week was a bit of a selfish one for me: I kept my head down, trained, practised mindfulness and carried on with the courses I’ve signed up for. There is so much else going on at the moment that this felt like the best strategy for getting on. That said, it was only decent on the weekly wishes front.
Weekly wishes last week
- Last day of week 3 of the Bikini Body Guide and start of week 4. HALF DONE – I finished week 3 but did not get a chance to start week 4.
- Mindfulness meditation. YES! I finally managed one session of mindfulness and it really helped to settle my mind, which has been very preoccupied in recent weeks.
- Work on hand lettering course. YES – I finished two more lessons of the course and have started on the 30-day challenge.
- Plan some future posts. NOPE
- Fix my G+ page. NOPE
Two and a half out of five is a decent result and far better than the past couple of weeks. It feels like I am getting back on track.
I’ve been keeping my head down again this week, continuing on with the Online Marketing and Hand Lettering courses that I started last week. It’s worked out well timing-wise as well as Husband had to work late three evenings this week, so I was able to focus on the courses while he was working.
I had the first appointment with my trainer for more than two weeks and it wasn’t as bad as I had feared. Thanks to the Bikini Body Guide, I’m really noticing that my upper body strength is increasing. Normally, doing barbell shoulder presses with my trainer would be a struggle. Out of the ten in each round, I’d start flagging at the sixth one. This week though I easily did all ten and for four rounds. What a great feeling. Of course, my lower body strength is only being maintained by the BBG training because it’s bodyweight but it all helps. That said, I should probably try to squeeze in one session of running this week to help on the cardio front too.
I also managed (finally) to carve out some time for mindfulness meditation. I tried out a RAIN meditation for the first time. RAIN stands for Recognition Acceptance Investigation and Non-identification; the meditation is used when you have a specific problem or strong feeling that you’d like to work through. It really worked to make me feel calmer and to stop being so hard on myself.
At the weekend, O attended a pirate-themed birthday party, so he dressed up. It was the first party that we’ve been to where we dropped him off and left him, picking him up two hours later. This being O, I had to track him down to be able to say goodbye when I left. He was too busy having fun with his friends to even say goodbye
Weekly wishes this week
- Start week 4 of the Bikini Body Guide.
- Mindfulness meditation.
- Work on hand lettering course and post on Instagram #betterhandlettering.
- Arrange a skiing day at Hammarby Backen.
What do you have on the cards for this week?
Linking up with Melyssa at The Nectar Collective.